Reasons Why You Need A Personal Injury Attorney And How To Find A Good One
Accidents can happen to anyone, no matter what the time or wherever you may be. Getting involved in one can be a nasty and traumatic experience, mainly if you or a loved one obtained injuries following the accident.
Image Source: https://pixabay.com/en/office-attorney-reading-read-laws-2820890/
What should you do if someone else’s carelessness caused the incident? Who will pay for the medical expenses and the lost days of work? How can you be compensated? In most cases, especially serious ones, you will need to hire a lawyer. But how will you know if you need an attorney? And how do I find a good one?
These are the reasons why you need to seek legal advice from an attorney
- The accident resulted in severe injuries. The type of injury can depend on the following factors: the nature and severity of the injury, the length of recovery time and the cost of medical expenses like bills, medicines, and procedures. It can also involve medical fees you will have to pay for in the future.
- You or your loved one received permanent or long-term disabilities or injuries.
- The accident resulted in wrongful death of a loved one
- There are chances that more than one is liable for your injury.
- When you need to deal with your insurance adjuster
- If the injury made you unable to return to work after a significant amount of time
- When you receive a call from the person liable of his representative to agree on a settlement
How to find a good lawyer?
- Make sure the one you are hiring is a Personal Injury Attorney. They are experts when it comes to Personal Injury Law, and would help you win over your injury claim.
- Look for recommendations. Word of mouth is a powerful tool and is a much better source than by searching the internet. You can ask your family, friend or lawyer for recommendations when looking for a reliable personal injury attorney.
- Do your research on the lawyers you have shortlisted. It won’t hurt to know where they graduated, where they practiced law and if they already have lots of cases won that needed court settlements.
- Ask for names and details of your personal injury attorney’s past clients. The best way to check if he’s reliable, responsible and a great lawyer is by asking the people he or have worked for in the past.
- Ask your lawyer if he or she has handled cases similar to yours. It will help you decide if he or she is fit to represent you.
- Check how a lawyer communicates with you. Does he or she call you back the soonest time possible after missing your call? What mode of communications does your lawyer use? Is he or she easy to talk with and answers all your questions?
- Consider your gut feel. Do you feel comfortable with the lawyer after the first or second consultation? Do you have a good or bad feeling about hiring him or her?
In filing a personal injury claim, it is always best to consult with a Personal Injury Attorney. Doing so will give you the upper hand by making sure you are rightly guided and represented on your claim. It will also help you avoid any mishaps that can affect the result of your case.